Lipomas and natural treatment
My individual journey to find a natural lipoma treatment has led me to a multitude of online blogs, scientific studies, personal stories, and online videos of what are theorised causes and possible natural lipoma remedies.
If you have been living with lipomas like me and 1% of the population, then you may have recognised that the only proven ‘treatment’ is surgery. Many have searched high and low for a natural remedy to avoid surgery and the unwanted scars that follow, but at the end of the day, I and many others have ‘thrown in the towel’ and opted for surgery
Although surgery is costly and leaves a scar, it has been my most successful path to lipoma removal and have been fortunate to have had some large lipomas extracted and scanned as a precaution.
However, the scars left have been a constant motivator to continue the search for a more natural solution – as I currently have 100’s of lipomas across my body and surgery is realistically not an option to rid them all.
This is a personal post so should never be taken as medical advice, please always speak to your medical provider for guidance.
Natural Treatment – Trial
I am sharing my journey with a natural treatment that I will be trialling over the course of a 3-month period that will start 1 April 2023 and end 30 June 2023.
This will put to test a theory that certain supplements, herbs and other natural products will help to reduce / hopefully eliminate all my lipomas over the trial period (3 months).
This post will detail the following information:
- The natural ingredients & products used
- A monthly diary of the progress over the next 3 months.
I will provide an opportunity for you to follow my progress via this post and social medial (private Facebook groups) where you can comment your thoughts and questions.
Please note that if you decide to follow this program/trial to always first speak with a healthcare provider before taking new supplements, herbs or medications.
The natural treatment will involve taking the following ingredients/products daily for the next 3 months starting from 1 April 2023:
Why these ingredients:
One of the main reasons for this trial is due to a post I saw on social media where an individual started taking the herbs/supplements listed above and had a successful outcome by shrinking / dissolving their lipomas.
Further discussions with the individual, I found out that their motivation to try these ingredients were driven from discussions with a friend who runs a veterinary practice and noted the practice often recommend a product called Tumoxil – Bumps be Gone for dogs that suffer from lipomas.
Upon reading the products reviews on Amazon, I found that many pet owners found these ingredients helped shrink their pet’s lipoma’s. The link here will direct you to this product on Amazon so you too can review the customer feedback and reviews.
As the product Tumoxil include the following ingredients, it was theorised that if these were purchased for human consumption, they may shrink/dissolve human lipoma’s:
- Milk Thistle
- Burdock Root
- Chaparral Leaf
- Nettle Leaf
- Cats Claw Bark
- Tayuya Root
- Yellow Dock Root
- Sheep Sorrel
A review of the key ingredients selected for the trial is included below and is consistent with those highlighted on social media post, excluding one ingredient called Chaparral Leaf. This is due to my own precautions. Although the Chaparral leaves are commonly used in traditional medicine for various purposes, including as a natural remedy for skin conditions, it is also linked to cases of liver toxicity (further review required). However, my review of this supplement will continue and my position on it may change post this trial period.
Milk Thistle Extract
Milk thistle extract is an herbal supplement derived from the milk thistle plant (Silybum marianum). It contains a mixture of active compounds, including silymarin, which is the main bioactive ingredient. Silymarin is a flavonoid that has been shown to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, and it is believed to help protect the liver by supporting its ability to detoxify harmful substances. Milk thistle extract is commonly used as a natural remedy for liver conditions, such as cirrhosis, hepatitis, and fatty liver disease, as well as for promoting overall liver health.
Some studies have suggested that oxidative stress, which occurs when there is an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the body’s ability to neutralize them with antioxidants, may play a role in the development of lipomas and other types of tumours. If that is the case, herbal supplements such as milk thistle may provide that additional antioxidant for the body.
Cat’s claw, also known as Uncaria tomentosa, has been used in traditional medicine for centuries for a variety of purposes, and it is believed to have a range of potential health benefits. However, many of these claims have not been scientifically proven, and more research is needed to fully understand the effects of cat’s claw on human health. Here are some of the potential health benefits of cat’s claw based on current scientific research:
- Cat’s claw contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation in the body, which could have a beneficial effect on a range of health conditions.
- Cat’s claw has antioxidant properties, which means it may help protect the body against oxidative stress and damage caused by free radicals.
- Some studies suggest that cat’s claw may have immune-boosting properties, which could help prevent infections and support overall immune system function.
- Preliminary studies have suggested that cat’s claw may have anti-tumour and cancer-fighting effects, although more research is needed to confirm these findings.
- Cat’s claw may have beneficial effects on digestive health, including reducing inflammation in the gut and improving symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Burdock root is the root of the burdock plant, a biennial herb that is native to Europe and Asia. Burdock root has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and it is believed to have a range of potential health benefits. However, many of these claims have not been scientifically proven, and more research is needed to fully understand the effects of burdock root on human health.
Some benefits include:
- Research on traditional medicine indicates that burdock root has active ingredients that have been found to detoxify heavy metals from the blood, improving organ health and the health of the whole body.
- Burdock root helps induce lymphatic drainage and detoxification. Research suggests that it works as a blood purifier and blood cleanser. This helps strengthen the lymphatic system.
- Burdock root contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation in the body, which could have a beneficial effect on a range of health conditions, including arthritis, acne, and eczema.
- Burdock root has antioxidant properties, which means it may help protect the body against oxidative stress and damage caused by free radicals.
- Some studies suggest that burdock root may have immune-boosting properties, which could help prevent infections and support overall immune system function.
- Burdock root may have beneficial effects on digestive health, including reducing inflammation in the gut, promoting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, and improving symptoms of constipation and diarrhea.
- Preliminary studies have suggested that burdock root may have anti-tumor and cancer-fighting effects, although more research is needed to confirm these findings.
Stinging Nettle Root
Stinging nettle root is the root of the stinging nettle plant (Urtica dioica), a perennial herb that is native to Europe, Asia, and North Africa. The plant gets its name from the fine hairs on its leaves and stems, which can cause a stinging sensation when they meet the skin. Stinging nettle root has a long history of use in traditional medicine, and it is believed to have a range of potential health benefits.
Some of the potential health benefits of stinging nettle root based on current scientific research:
- Stinging nettle root may have beneficial effects on prostate health, including reducing inflammation and improving urinary symptoms in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Some studies suggest that stinging nettle root may have antihistamine and anti-inflammatory effects, which could help relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies.
- Stinging nettle root may have pain-relieving properties, which could help relieve symptoms of arthritis, gout, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Preliminary studies suggest that stinging nettle root may have hypoglycemics effects, which could help lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Stinging nettle root may have immune-boosting properties, which could help prevent infections and support overall immune system function.
Lobelia extract is a natural remedy that is derived from the Lobelia inflata plant, which is native to North America. The plant has a long history of use in traditional medicine, particularly by Native American tribes, who used it for various medicinal purposes. The extract is typically made from the leaves and seeds of the plant and is available in various forms, including tinctures, capsules, and teas.
Lobelia extract contains several active compounds, including lobeline, which is a nicotine-like alkaloid that has been shown to have bronchodilator properties, meaning it can help to relax and open up the airways in the lungs.
In addition to its respiratory benefits, lobelia extract has also been used to promote relaxation, reduce anxiety, and relieve muscle tension.
It is important to note that lobelia extract can be toxic at high doses and can cause serious side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and confusion. It can also be dangerous for individuals with certain health conditions, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and epilepsy.
How can I stay updated on the progress of this trial?
If you would like to follow my progress, then feel free to join the following Facebook Group here
Alternatively, hop back to this post where Ill be sharing my progress with the SkinGlitch team on a monthly:
Where can I find the ingredients used in your trial?
If you are interested in this trial for yourself, then please share your progress on the private Facebook Group above.
You will also be able to find these products are your local health store or online at stores such as iHerb or Amazon.
The links below are from an Amazon Affiliate Program which means SkinGlitch will earn commission on every sale, without any additional cost to you which will go towards furthering the teams abilities to continue to pursue their goals of fixing skin glitches.
April 2023 Update:
It has been a month since I started taking the herbs and supplements which I read about on a Facebook post on one of the Lipoma pages.
I note that I have not taken all the supplements mentioned on the post, I have chosen to avoid one completely called Chaparral Leaf but will review my decision on this later.
In the first month (April), I have noticed my existing lipoma’s have not growth in size and nor have I noticed any new lipoma’s growing. Although, my existing lipoma’s have not shrunk in size which is the goal, I am happy with the progress so far.
I have also increased my exercise to 3-4 times a week without any new lipoma’s, something which I am quite excited about as I often find a few new ones after exercises.
It could be hypothesized that exercise without a decent level of antioxidants can create high levels oxidative stress within our bodies which cause free radicals. Oxidative stress occurs when oxygen interacts with our bodies molecules and causes them to form reactive free radicals. These free radicals may play a role in the development of lipomas and other types of tumours. Supplements like Milk Thistle, Cats Claw and Burdock root provide the body with additional antioxidants to assist the body’s ability to neutralize free radicals. I believe this may be the reason why I have not experienced any new lipoma’s while taking these supplements and exercising.
About the author:
My name is Jeff Daviz, I have been suffering with lipoma’s since my late teenage years. I hope to share my personal journey and story with others who are interested in eliminating lipoma’s naturally. Finding a solution will not be easy and requires patients with trials and errors, but I believe that if we come together and share our progress, we will be a step closer together.
At SkinGlitch our team have searched far and wide to source long-sleeve summer clothing that will be gentle on the skin, provide protection from the sun and help cover up skin conditions (lipoma’s, eczema, and psoriasis) on arms that may impact self-image and confidence.
Every purchase goes towards research for a natural treatments and cures for conditions like lipoma, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis
Our top picks are below: