Have you ever suffered from a skin condition like seborrheic dermatitis (SD) which has then resulted in hair loss?
If you are like me and suffer from SD, you understand the daily discomfort we experience with constant itchiness and burning all over the scalp. In addition, the impact it has on our appearance and self-esteem due to the red scaly patches on the scalp, dandruff and continuous loss of hair in the area!
Shockingly, it is a condition that effects 3% of the population – that is 237 million people!…. and yet there is no cure or concrete treatment that everyone agrees on…until now (more about that later).
There are many treatments available, some of which are prescribed by medical practitioner’s ranging from treated shampoos to topical steroid creams and ointments – but figuring out the right treatment and avoiding harmful chemicals and drugs can be quite a challenge!!
During my earlier years of suffering with SD, I went straight to a Dermatologist for professional advice and got prescribed a topical corticosteroid. Corticosteroid works by suppressing the immune system and reduces the bodies inflammatory response which assists with keeping SD temporarily under control. This sounded like a great way to settle this pain I was feeling and for a brief moment in my life it worked!
However, long-term use of high doses of corticosteroids can have serious side effects, such as decreased bone density, skin thinning, and an increased risk of infections. In addition, I started to become immune to the treatment and required more frequent topical applications to calm my SD. At a certain point I realised that my increased dependency on steroid applications was incredibly unhealthy and I needed to find a natural solution.
After joining a community of individuals who suffer from SD and who are driven by the goal to find a natural treatment, we set off together on a journey to understand all we could to find a solution. After reading a significant amount of research material, scientific studies, and experimenting we finally landed a on a list of powerful natural ingredients that not only treats SD but also contains ingredients that are scientifically proven to regrow hair lost to SD. These ingredients were acquired from highly reputable sources that are known for quality and bottled into a therapeutic product – a product we call SkinGlitch – Hair Growth and Scalp Treatment (HGST).
After just a few days of using HGST my scalp was clear of all red scales, my dandruff had disappeared, and my skin was calm. After 2-3 months I started to see all my hair growing back. The environment on my scalp was not only clean and healthy, it was perfect to facilitate hair growth.
Before I explain more about HGST and the success I and many others have had with it, it is worthwhile understanding SD in a bit more detail.
What is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes red, scaly, and sometimes itchy patches on the scalp, face, and other parts of the body. The exact cause of the condition is not fully understood, but it is believed to be related to an overgrowth of a type of yeast called Malassezia.
Malassezia is a type of yeast that is naturally present on the skin of humans and animals. Malassezia is a lipophilic yeast, which means it thrives in oily environments and is why it is commonly found on the scalp and face, which are areas of the body that tend to have more oil production. It is a normal part of the skin’s microflora, and is typically harmless. However, an overgrowth of the yeast can cause skin irritation and inflammation.
Inflammation is a natural response of the body’s immune system to injury or infection. In the case of seborrheic dermatitis, it is thought that the overgrowth of Malassezia yeast leads to an inflammatory response in the skin which can cause redness, itching, and flaking, as well as the formation of scaly plaques.
While the exact cause of seborrheic dermatitis is not fully understood, it is clear that there is a connection between the condition and inflammation. Treatment for the condition usually involves medications that can help to reduce the inflammatory response in the skin.
Research has also suggested that there may be a connection between seborrheic dermatitis and other inflammatory conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Studies have found that people with seborrheic dermatitis have higher levels of inflammatory markers in their blood, indicating that the condition may be related to an underlying inflammatory process in the body.
What is HGST:
HGST is a 100% natural therapeutic product that assists in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis & scalp psoriasis. HGST also contains powerful natural ingredients that are scientifically proven to assist in hair regrowth.
HGST is the ultimate powerhouse that treats SD and scalp psoriasis by:
- Treating inflammation, fungus & bacterial overgrowth
- Clears the scalp by absorbing excess sebum oils, removes flaky and plaque build-up,
- Speeding up the skins healing process to correct skin damage and create a healthy scalp
- Soothing red, itchy and irritated skin
- Protect our skin from free radicals which attach our health cells
HGST includes powerful ingredients that have been scientifically proven to regrow hair which has often fallen out due to scalp conditions (like scalp dermatitis, scalp psoriasis, calcification) or due to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) a male steroid hormone which causes hereditary hair loss in men. Whatever the reason HGST provides the unique and proven properties to help regrow hair by:
- Improving blood circulation to the scalp which allows your hair follicles to receive the nutrients and oxygen it requires to stay healthy and alive.
- Blocking DHT – One of the main causes of hair loss is due to DHT, a situation where the hair follicles become smaller and hair shaft thinner to the point of hair loss (miniaturization).
- Creating a healthy environment for hair to grow by treating inflammation, fungus, bacteria, absorbing excess oils on the scalp, removing dead skin and clearing up plaque & dandruff.
- Boosts the anagen growth phase (promotes cell growth, survival, and hair thickness).
HGST Ingredient List
HGST is Australian made from 100% natural ingredients as listed below:
The wonders of peppermint oil know no bounds:
- Stimulating hair growth by increasing blood circulation which provides oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles.
- A 2014 scientific study found that Peppermint Oil promoted hair growth faster than Minoxidil (source).
- In addition to hair growth, the study found that peppermint oil induced very thick and long hair after 4-weeks of topical application and promoted the elongation of hair follicles from the epidermis down to the subcutis in a vertical section. (source).
- Includes powerful anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and most importantly anti-inflammatory properties which assists the treatment of Seborrheic Dermatitis
- It cleanses the scalp by removing build-up such as sebum, dead skin, sweat and hair products
- Contains methanol providing that distinct cooling and refreshing sensation which soothes irritated, itchy, and inflamed skin.
Rosemary oil, like peppermint oil, promotes hair growth by:
- inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is the leading cause for hair loss.
- assisting in nerve growth (restoring nerves within the scalp that ultimately restore hair growth);
- improves circulation which gives oxygen and nutrients to your hair follicles to survive and grow
- a 2015 scientific study proved that rosemary essential oil was just as effective as minoxidil (commercially known as Rogaine) when protecting against hair loss (source).
Rosemary oil is also known to kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses on the skin, and combined with properties that encourage cell rejuvenation, is ideal for sufferers of dermatitis, acne, eczema, or psoriasis
Magnesium oil is essentially magnesium chloride in water and assists hair growth by breaking down calcification and improving blood circulation (via dilation of blood vessels) and with increased magnesium levels, blood flow to the hair follicles will increase. This will ultimately improve the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to ensure growth of healthy and strong hair.
Magnesium helps to reduce inflammation, which is a key symptom of eczema and psoriasis.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
In the recent years more beauty enthusiasts have begun praising castor oil as a natural solution for hair growth. Its an old age remedy long used in traditional medicine which is said to moisturize the scalp, fight dandruff and leave hair shiny and smooth.
It includes ricin oleic acid which helps increase circulation to the scalp (oxygen and nutrients) which help improve hair growth.
Similar to peppermint and rosemary oil, it includes anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties which help to treat against Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Safflower Oil includes antioxidant and nourishing properties known to enhance circulation (oleic acid penetrates the skin and acts like a vasodilator which can dilate the blood vessels, resulting in more nutrients supplied to the hair follicle through blood circulation).
Safflower Oil are known to protect hair against the harsh effects of environmental stressors, such as UV rays.
Kakadu Plum Oil
Kakadu Plum Oil is the richest source of Vitamin C, containing more than orange, kiwi fruit and blueberries. It is grown within the Northern Australia and has been used for centuries as an orthodox method for the treatment of many diseases and as an antiseptic. Vitamin C can act as an antihistamine, in one study, it helped reduce symptoms of eczema.
Coconut oil is unsurprisingly versatile providing rich benefits for hair and scalp:
It is rich in antimicrobial properties, lauric acid, medium-chain fatty acids that strengthen hair, condition the scalp, and helps hair to regrow.
When massaged into the scalp, coconut oil helps to improve blood circulation, thereby supporting hair growth.
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, and it has antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. This allows coconut oil to improve the appearance, texture, dandruff conditions and health of our hair.
Check out our testimonials straight from our